St Louis Cemetery No 3, Esplanade Avenue, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Established in 1854, St. Louis No. 3 is located a few miles from it's counterparts on Esplanade Avenue near Bayou St. John. It is built on an old leper colony. Governor Galvez exiled the city's lepers to this location. It was known as "Leper's Land." However, after the huge yellow fever outbreak of 1853, the city was in need of another cemetery. It was first known as Bayou Cemetery.